2. Make a pattern for the face of your cute animal. You can do this by folding a piece of paper with the same width as your bag (or a little smaller like mine) and cut out the shape of one side of the head. Trace this with a pencil on your bag. Cut out.
3. Cut out a piece of lace curtain that is more than big enough for the piece of your purse directly below the piece you just cut out. Use the seam of the lace curtain at the top. Use something round as a guide to trace around to create the eyes. Cut the eyes out. You may also cut out a piece for the button if you have one.
4. Use fabric glue and put it on the bag where the lace curtain is coming. Only glue on the sides and around the button. Put glue on the lace around the eyes. Place the lace on your bag and let the glue dry. You don’t need more glue than this, this will keep everything in place. When the glue is dry you can cut the excess of the lace curtain. You also need to cut out two small circles out of the white fabric to finish the eyes. Glue those down as well.
5. Take the pieces of leather that you cut out of the bag. Draw a ear on one of them and cut it out. Now use that ear as a guide to cut the other one.
6. Make two cuts in the size of the ears at the top of your bag. Put the ears trough the holes from the inside out leaving about 1/3 of an inch inside the bag. Glue this down. You also need to cut a little nose out of the scraps and glue that down.
7. Now you need to make the strap. You can use the old strap for this and cut it off at the desired length. I used the seem of my lace curtain to glue on one side of the strap to make it match my purse. After that I made two holes on both sides of the strap with my Cropodile. you can now sew around the hardware of the bag and through the holes of the strap to keep the strap in place.
8. That’s it. Wear you new DIY cute animal purse with pride!