1. You can go for Nintendo royalty and dress up as Mario or his bro, Luigi.
What you’ll need: If you have denim overalls or jeans and suspenders, you’re golden!
3. Bruce Springsteen’s 1984 “Born in the USA” album cover.
What you’ll need: Jeans, a white tee, and a red cap tucked into your back pocket. Extra points if you can manage to have the American flag as your background all night.
4. John Wayne, America’s most famous cowboy.
What you’ll need: Jeans, button-up shirt, bandana, cowboy hat and boots.
5. Wear everything to the back with a little slack.
What you’ll need: Baggy jeans worn backwards, a jersey, and sneakers.
6. Go for one of the classics with a simple but powerful Rosie the Riveter costume.
What you’ll need: Red lipstick, red bandana, and denim shirt.
7. If we’re talking about denim we can’t forget James Dean, obvs.
What you’ll need: Jeans, a white shirt, and a red jacket.
8. Ultimate BFF goals, Thelma and Louise.
What you’ll need: It depends on what look you’re going for, but you’ll be good with high-waisted jeans, a t-shirt, sunglasses, and a scarf.
9. Rock out as The Ramones.
What you’ll need: Jeans, a white shirt, and a leather jacket.
10. Cindy Crawford’s 1991 Pepsi commercial.
What you’ll need: Cut-off jean shorts, a white spaghetti strap tank, and a can of Pepsi.
11. Frances “Baby” Houseman in Dirty Dancing.
What you’ll need: Capri jeans and a white button-up shirt. Extra points if you find a Johnny to dance with you.
12. A creepy scarecrow with a heart of gold.
What you’ll need: Hay, overalls, patches, a straw hat, and boots.
13. A group of Minions.
What you’ll need: Yellow shirt and socks, overalls or jean shorts.
14. Be a different kind of Audrey and dress as Holly Golightly singing “Moon River”.
What you’ll need: Ankle jeans, sweatshirt, a head towel, and a guitar.
15. Pretty much any and every kind of Justin Bieber.
What you’ll need: Literally anything denim because that’s what he wears almost exclusively.
16. Nickelodeon’s finest, Clarissa Darling.
What you’ll need: High-waisted jeans, pink tights, a Keith Haring shirt, and anything ~quirky~ you can find.
17. If you’re looking for something scary, try your luck as doll serial killer Chucky.
What you’ll need: Overalls, a striped shirt, and creepy makeup.
18. #TBT Destiny’s Child.
What you’ll need: Two friends that are willing to color coordinate with you, a lot of denim, and Tina Lawson’s vision.
19. Be everyone’s fave and dress up as Barb from Stranger Things.
What you’ll need: high-waited mom jeans, a long sleeve button-up shirt and clear-frame glasses.