1. Square deck tiles: They are a cheap way to refresh your balcony, and allow for easy draining of rain water.
3. Pallet wood: Reclaimed pallet wood is a cheap and fun way to create your own furniture. Hint: Add a good splash of color!
4. Faux grass: This eco-friendly alternative is both pleasing to the eye and very comfortable on foot.
5. Old farmhouse furniture: A reclaimed table can add an unexpected element of romantism, especially in an urban environment.
6. Tea lights and small lanterns: Use plenty of them to create a warm atmosphere at night.
7. Plants & pots: They are a great way to add some life to an otherwise dull corner. Plus, they can occult a not-so-great backyard view.
8. Colorful chairs: Add interest and pizzazz to your modern style decor.
9. Alcoves: A recessed wall is not necessary a place where you put random stuff you’re trying to hide! Install a small couch and you get a cozy reading corner, plus storage space below.
10. Woven rattan: This material adds a charming coastal look to your decor, with nice and clean patterns. Synthetic fiber is also water resistant.