- Water paper (or any slightly absorbent paper)
- Container of water
- Glue gun and clear glue sticks
1. Browse the Internet to find a suitable design for your glue art. This is also and easy and fun way to introduce color to a nursery or child’s bedroom.
2. Use the glue gun to outline the design for your art on the water paper. Don’t worry about trying to keep everything neat and tidy… the fun of this project is in the imperfection.
3. Now you are going to use watercolors to add color to the glued off areas. Have a small test piece of paper at hand to determine how watery you need the paint to be to achieve the desired effect. Too much water and the paint will bleed into the surrounding areas – a little bleed is perfect.
ABOVE and BELOW: Mix and blend up the various watercolors to create a wonderful shading effect inside the glue outlines.