This fun and oh so easy to create picture frame pin cushion can help find a place for all things poky. Grab a pretty unused frame you have around the house or head to the thrift store to find one. Don’t like the color? Spray paint it to match your chosen fabric. Choose a new fabric from the craft store or an eye catching vintage find.
- photo frame
- cotton batting
- hot glue gun/glue
- Remove glass and backing from frame, you can either throw glass out (wrapped in newspaper and taped up to be safe) or use it for another project.
- Cut fabric around back to leave 1⁄2” to 3⁄4” overlap all around.
- Fold fabric over back on one end, overlapping just 1⁄8”, you will want your fabric to end up pretty slack so that you can stuff it full.
- Move to opposite end and repeat, then down one side.
- Stuff batting between backing and fabric to create a full, overstuffed pouch.
- Glue down the final side and place back inside frame. Secure with the tabs in the back.