Has your skin been feeling the effects of the harsh winter weather? Not only does the weather outside effect our skin, but inside our home does too. My house is very dry and my hands seem to always suffer the most from not having enough moisture in the air. Also, being a mom my hands are constantly in water, whether it’s doing the dishes, putting a load of laundry in the wash and at bath time. My hands get dry and my cuticles start to crack. Taking care of your hands doesn’t have to be difficult. With this easy to make and use DIY Cuticle Oil, your hands will be healed and moisturized, ready to tackle life’s journey.
I very much love making my own health and beauty products because I can control what ingredients to use. This recipe for the cuticle oil has just three oils that will help heal your cuticles.
- 1 Tablespoon Vitamin E Skin Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Grapeseed Oil
- 10 drops of scented essential oil (I am using Joyful Grapefruit that smells fruity and clean)
- Blue Glass Bottle with Glass Dropper
- Clean and rinse the glass bottle and dropper.
- Combine all the oils together and pour into the clean empty glass bottle that has a dropper. Store in a cool, dark place upright.
- Apply 1 to 2 drops of the DIY cuticle oil to each nail using the dropper.
- Massage into the nails and skin around each nail.
You should notice a difference just after a couple of applications. You can apply the cuticle oil as often as needed or 1 to 3 times per day. The DIY cuticle oil should keep for a few months.