When it comes to extra rich, chocolatey, sweet treats if you are going to be bad why not be very very bad? Valentines Day is the perfect excuse ..ahem.. occasion to bake up a batch of these Decadent Triple Chocolate Valentine Brownies! They may not be sugar-free or calorie-free but they are certainly the most delicious brownies we have made yet. The best part? They are made from your favorite box mix with a few yummy extras thrown in so you can have these ready in no time!
- 1 family size (13×9) box milk chocolate brownie mix
- 1 family size (13×9) fudge brownie mix
- Ingredients listed on the back of the box to prepare brownies (eggs, oil, water)
- 1 12 oz. bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- Candies for decorating (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and lightly flour a 17.25 x 11.5 baking sheet.
- In a large bowl combine both boxes of brownie mix as directed on the back of the box.
- Stir in semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Bake in a 350-degree oven just until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. 25 – 30 minutes.
- Remove the brownies from the oven and let them cool slightly.
- Using a cookie cutter, cut out your heart shapes close together so you can get as many as you can.
- Try using different size and shape cookie cutters for a fun twist.
- Carefully remove your heart shapes from the pan with a spatula.
- Dust the tops of your Triple Chocolate Valentine Brownies with powdered sugar and candies if you choose to do so.
We decided to just use the powdered sugar for this batch, but we are huge fans of decorating with candy too. Milk chocolate pieces, peanut butter pieces, candy conversation hearts are also a big hit with the teens.
You can even mix and match the flavors for a fun twist too. Add in peanut butter chips instead of semi sweet chocolate chips. White chocolate chips and chopped dried cranberries are another favorite that goes great with chocolate. There are endless possibilities.