Your parched skin will be craving hydration and healing — and very little rubbing or touching. That’s why this after-sun body mist begins soothing skin as soon as you spritz. It has aloe vera (the holy grail of burn relief, which prevents peeling), coconut oil (to moisturize), witch hazel and lavender (to calm redness), and peppermint oil (for an instant cooling effect). The mist is packed with good-for-you ingredients.
- 1/8 cup aloe vera water
- 1/8 cup coconut water
- 1/8 cup pure aloe vera gel
- 1/8 cup witch hazel
- 10 drops lavender essential oil
- 10 drops peppermint essential oil
- 4 oz. spray bottle
1. Combine all ingredients in a 4-ounce bottle and shake to mix.
2. Apply directly to sunburned or sun-parched skin with a cotton pad or by spraying directly onto skin.
3. When you’re not using the mixture, keep it in the refrigerator for extra-cooling benefits (it can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 10 days).
After a day in the sun, take a warm (not hot!) shower, spritz this on, and say goodbye to sun-parched skin.
Even if you don’t have a sunburn, this mist helps brighten and moisturize skin (which is always a good thing).