Summer is here for most of us, and what could be better than a fresh, zesty body scrub DIY to make your skin look and feel smoother than ever? This lemon body scrub will have you smelling almost as good as summer feels. We’ll even let you in on a little secret: for a fraction of the price, this DIY totally measures up to The Body Shop’s Sweet Lemon Scrub.
- 2-3 tbsp. lemon zest
- 8-10 drops lemon essential oil
- 1 ½-2 ½ cups sugar
- ½ cup coconut oil
1. Scoop the coconut oil into a microwave safe mixing bowl, and heat for about 20-30 seconds. The exact timing will depend on the power of your microwave, but you’ll want the coconut oil at a liquid consistency.
2. Mix your lemon zest and essential oil into the bowl of coconut oil.
3. Add the sugar, and mix until fully blended. We recommend starting with a small amount of sugar, and pour in by ½ cups until you reach preferred consistency.
3. Use in the bath or shower on hands, feet, legs, or wherever you please for silky, smooth, summer-ready skin.