- 1 cup citric acid
- 1 cup baking soda
- ½ cup cornstarch
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- 8-10 drops of essential oil(s)
- Silicone molds or paper cupcake liners
- Food coloring (optional)
1. In a medium size bowl, mix together all of your dry ingredients (citric acid, baking soda, and cornstarch) and set aside.
2. If you’re using food coloring, now would be the time to add it into the dry ingredients. I found that using your hands is the way to go in terms of mixing. Start with just a few drops, and work up to the color intensity you’d like.
3. In a separate bowl, combine your oils. While stirring, gradually add these to the bowl of dry ingredients. If you pour too quickly, the liquid will create a reaction with the citric acid.
4. Use your hands to knead everything together inside of the bowl until your ingredients start to clump together. The result should feel almost like damp sand while building a sandcastle.
5. Scoop the mixture into whichever mold you’re using, and pack it down tight. The back of a spoon works perfectly to press your mixture in place.
6. Let your bath bombs dry for at least 24 hours, and they’ll be ready to go!