- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 4 oz pepperoni slices, cut into quarters
- 3 cups organic pizza sauce
- 21 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (8 oz)
prep time 25 min total time 55 min servings 6
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 13×9-inch (3-quart) glass or ceramic baking dish with cooking spray.
2. In 10- or 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook 1 lb lean ground beef and 1 finely chopped garlic clove over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked. Drain. Stir in half of the 4 oz quartered pepperoni slices and 1 cup of the pizza sauce. Cook 5 minutes or until mixture is thoroughly heated. Remove from heat.
3. Meanwhile, cook 21 uncooked jumbo pasta shells as directed on package. Drain.
4. Stuff each cooked shell with 2 tablespoons beef mixture; place in single layer in baking dish. Cover shells with remaining 2 cups pizza sauce, the 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese and the remaining half of the pepperoni.
5. Bake 25 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Add chopped bell pepper, olives and any other veggies you love for a Supreme Pizza version!
- Replace the pepperoni with your favorite veggie for a meatless pizza-stuffed shell.