- Candy melts (white or any color)
- Disposable decorating bags
- Rubber bands
- Baking tray
- Wax paper
- Lollipop sticks
- Confetti sprinkles
What to do:
1. Prepare the baking trays by lining with wax paper. Have the sprinkles handy in a bowl (I used tiny pink and purple confetti sprinkles, my daughter used hearts.)
2. Melt the candy melts: Fill a disposable decorating bag with about 1/2 cup of candy melts. Microwave at 50 percent power for 90 seconds. Massage the bag and continue to microwave at 50 percent power at 30 second intervals, then 15 second intervals just until the candy melts completely. (Don’t overheat!) If you don’t have a microwave, you may also melt the candy melts in a double boiler or in a heat-proof bowl resting over simmering water and transfer to the decorating bag. Close the bag with a rubber band if kids are handling.
3. Snip 1/2-inch from the tip of the bag. To make a bunny, first pipe the ears and a small dot on the tray. Lay a lollipop stick on the dot and pipe another dot on top, about the size of a nickel or slightly bigger. Immediately place a confetti sprinkle on the candy for the nose. Because candy melts dry quickly, complete one pop at a time. (My daughter just placed a lollipop stick on the tray, and piped her design on top, then added sprinkles.)
4. Let the pops dry at room temperature, about 1 hour.
• Candy melts cool quickly, but they may be hot when first taken out of the microwave. Use caution when handling and let cool slightly before giving to children.
• If you run out of candy melts, don’t reheat more in the same decorating bag. Dispose of the decorating bag and start with a new one.