Materials Need to Create a DIY Dog Food Storage Bin:
- An old popcorn tin, or other metal container
- Two colors of spray paint
- Top sealer coat
- Craft stickers
Steps to Create a DIY Dog Food Storage Bin:
1) Clean and dry your tin well.
2) Spray paint the portion of your tin that you plan to place your lettering in a dark color. I used oil rubbed bronze spray paint, since I already had that on had. Allow it to dry.
3) Place your craft stickers to spell out whatever words you want on your tin. I originally wanted to spell out “Titan,” but I didn’t have the letters that I needed and didn’t have time to go to the store, so I had to use whatever stickers I already had one hand.
4) Now spray paint the entire tin with your second color. I used orange. Be sure to paint right over the craft letters. Again, I had the orange spray paint already.
5) Once your paint has dried, peel the letters off.
6) Coat your entire tin with a protective, clear top coat.
That’s it! Isn’t that simple, and I seriously love how it turned out. I am actually glad that I didn’t have the letters to spell out Titan because I think the “dog food” in two different sizes and fonts is more interesting and fun!
What do you think? When is the last time you had one of those old popcorn tins? Are you going to save the next one you get your hands on so that you can make one of these for your beloved pet?
Thanks for the nice blog. It was very useful for me. I'm happy I found this blog. Thank you for sharing with us,I too always learn something new from your post. best dog food storage ideas