- 1/2 cup honey
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 drops orange blossom water, if desired
- 2 to 4 drops yellow food color
- 12 oz dark chocolate chips, melted
Prep Time 30 min
Total Time 2 hr 0 min
1. In medium bowl, beat honey, butter, powdered sugar, salt, vanilla and orange blossom water with electric mixer on low speed until combined, then on medium speed about 1 minute or until light and fluffy.
2. Remove one-third of the dough (slightly less than 1 cup) to another bowl. Mix in yellow food color to look like color of egg yolk. Line cookie sheet with waxed or cooking parchment paper. Shape yellow mixture into 15 (1/2-teaspoon size) balls. Place in freezer 15 minutes. Meanwhile, shape white dough into 15 tablespoon-size balls.
3. Remove yellow “yolks” from freezer. Place white ball in palm of your hand; gently flatten it a bit. Make an indent in center. Place yolk in center of white, then shape white around yolk into egg shape. If mixture gets too soft, put it back in freezer.
4. Continue this process until eggs are complete. Return to freezer 15 minutes. Meanwhile, melt chocolate.
5. Working with one egg at a time, remove egg from freezer, and insert toothpick. Dip egg into chocolate; carefully let excess chocolate drip off. Place on parchment-lined cookie sheet.
6. Place eggs in refrigerator 10 minutes to set. Store in cool dry place up to one week.