You don’t necessarily have to be the most handy person to pull off the majority of these tutorials, but a bit of patience could go a long way in helping you take your home from cliché to couture.
1. The TARVA Ice Chest – DIY Beer Cooler
2. Ikea Headboard Stickwood Hack
3. Turn a cheap Ikea wooden slat bed frame into a cool desk
4. Turn a boring shelving unit into an amazing bookcase/entertainment stand with a sliding barn door
5. Create homemade terrariums from Ikea glass storage containers
6. Turn this basic Ikea mirror into a vintage-looking mirror door
7. Use Ikea rugs as covers for pillows. This is a great way to repurpose rugs and bring life to old pillows
8. Make a Lego table that even adults would want
9. This DIY standing desk using Ikea items is a clear winner
10. This Ikea-based rope bridge shelf is amazing, there are so many ways you could use this in your home
11. Turn the normal 5×5 Expedit shelving unit into an incredible home for your hamster!
12. If this doesn’t show you how creative people can be with simple items from Ikea
13. Turn a few Frosta stools into a really neat and unique shelving unit
14. Those old bookcases from earlier in life can be turned sideways and made into all kinds of new furniture
15. Cats in a triple bunk bed. Ideas like this break the internet