Solid wood bookcase with adjustable shelves,
Sand paper (med and fine)
Semi gloss paint
2 sheets of gift wrap (24″X 36″)
Mini drill, small drill bit
19 all purpose screws
2 wine glass racks
2 wine bottle holders
2 pieces of 3/4″ thick plywood
1 piece of 3/4″ thick plywood (6″X 2″)
Step by step instructions for how you completed the project:
1. Remove shelves. Put on mask and sand all surfaces (including shelves) of bookcase until smooth and free of any existing paint or finish.Do not sand inside back of bookcase where you will be putting paper.
2. Dust all surfaces from any wood dust. Paint all surfaces with primer. Let dry and repeat with second coat.Do not primer inside back of bookcase where you will be putting paper.
3. Take wine glass holders and 1 shelf. Turn shelf upside down and prep for making holes to fasten wine glass holders. Measure and mark where the holes will be and create holes with drill bit. Set shelf aside. Drill bit must be smaller than screws.
4. Paint all primed surfaces with semi gloss paint. Let dry and repeat with second coat.
5. Take pieces of plywood. Take the two 6″X 1 1/2″ pieces and place the 6″ X 2″ piece in between.
Take wine bottle holders and prep for making holes to fasten them to the plywood making sure that the insides of both wine bottle holders fasten to the 6″X 2″ plywood piece. Measure and mark where the holes will be and create holes with drill bit. Then, take 8 screws (5/8 size) and fasten wine bottle holders to the plywood.
6. When shelves are dry take wine glass holders and fasten them with 8 screws (5/8 size) to the shelf that you created the holes in.
7. When bookcase is dry take spray adhesive and spray one corner of the paper and fasten to one of the corners of the bookshelf. Continue to work in sections with adhesive and paper until entire inside back of bookcase is covered with paper. Making sure to smooth out any air pockets.
8. Take wine bottle racks fastened to plywood and fit to inside top of bookcase. While holding in place, screw with 1 1/4″ screws into each center of plywood (3 total).
9. Add shelves in any pattern that works for your glasses and bar accessories.
10. Enjoy a glass for all your work!