I finally finished my organization station.  It had been on my list for a while.

Here’s how it went down.  I was helping my sister move and as we were taking the last load out I saw this aged wood from an old fence.  My sister wasn’t taking it so I snatched it up.  I removed all the nails and staples I found in it.

Then I loaded up the wood and got some help from my dad.  He has sweet equipment and even sweeter skills 🙂  We cut the boards slightly different lengths because I felt it fit the rustic look more.

We took some scrap wood and ran two boards down the back, attached them with an nail gun.  Man, I would love one of those.  Pew! Pew! Pew! and you’re done.  (That’s the sound effect for the gun if you didn’t catch that.)

Then all that was left to do was to attach all the frames.

I had my dad attach them with the nail gun as well because I didn’t want the falling off if the boys messed with them.  McKenzie used command strips on hers, which are awesome if you need to remove the frames to change out the papers ever.
I added a metal strip to hold magnets.  I purchased it from Ikea long ago.  The arrow magnets are from Target.  I also added hooks for keys at the bottom.

I also added our little clothespin family that I made.

I sprayed all my frames to match, including an old dry erase calendar I already had. 

Since the wood was free and I already had the calendar, the whole project was probably less than $10. 
With all this stuff on it became fairly heavy so it’s screwed directly into a stud.  Once again, I like to know things are super sturdy if they are within reach of my boys.

via  iammommahearmeroar