- Fill a spray bottle with water and spray surface generously.
- Generously sprinkle baking soda over the water. Leave overnight.
- The next day wipe out much of the baking soda and grime.
- Soak a sponge in hot water, squeeze out excess water and scrub away grime with liquid dish detergent first drizzled over the sponge.
- Preheat to 200° then turn off.
- In a heat safe glass dish, fill with ammonia and set on middle rack (about 1 to 2 cups of ammonia).
- In another dish, fill with boiling water and set on bottom rack (2 cups).
- Leave overnight.
- The next morning, remove dishes and wipe down the inside with a hot wet sponge first drizzled with baking soda.
3 tsp Borax
1/4 cup vinegar
1/8 cup liquid dish soap
2 cups hot water
- Combine ingredients in a spray bottle and shake to mix.
- Spray mixture generously to cover surface completely.
- Sprinkle generous amounts of baking soda on top.
- Spray liquid mixture over the baking soda.
- Leave overnight.
- The next morning wipe out the mixture and wash the surface with hot soapy water.
1 cup baking soda
1/3 cup table salt
- Spray surface well with water.
- Mix together the dry ingredients then sprinkle over the water.
- Spray again with water.
- Leave overnight. Wipe out the next morning and wash with hot soapy water.
- Place the racks in an extra large heavy-duty garbage bag, pour in a cup of ammonia and tie the bag closed (tightly).
- Set the garbage bag outside away from children and pets.
- The next day remove the racks and wash them in hot soapy water.
- Wipe the surface with vinegar to remove any residue left behind by cleaner.
- Do a quick wipe inside the oven while doing the dishes, washing up any spills and splatters (wait until it’s cool enough to do so). Your appliance won’t need as many deep cleaning jobs and will never be nasty again!
- Line the bottom with a large foil baking sheet or a strip of aluminum foil to catch spills and drips.