I love popcorn. I love Nutella. It was only a matter of time before the two met in my kitchen and made themselves into a lovely little creation like this Caramel Nutella Popcorn. Okay, okay… this recipe didn’t make itself. But it’s easy enough that it practically did. And completely and utterly delicious!
- 10-12 cups of air-popped popcorn (or two bags of microwave popcorn, OR you can pop it in your microwave with this trick!)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup Nutella
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
1) Sift out the unpopped popcorn kernels, and put all the nicely popped ones in a large bowl. Set aside. Preheat oven to 250°F.
2) In a medium or large microwave-safe bowl, combine the brown sugar, corn syrup, and butter. Heat for 30 seconds on high. Stir quickly to combine and microwave again for 2 minutes.
3) Add the Nutella to the mixture and stir until everything is well combined. Then microwave it again for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes until it is bubbly and about doubled in size.
4) Remove from the microwave and quickly add the vanilla and baking soda.
5) Slowly and evenly pour the mixture over the popcorn and stir/toss until all the popcorn is evenly coated.
If you like your popcorn chewy, you can stop here — spread the popcorn onto a cookie sheet lined with wax paper, let it cool a bit and start snacking!
If you love crunchy popcorn, follow the next steps:
6) Line a rimmed cookie sheet with tin foil and spray it with nonstick cooking spray. Pour the popcorn mixture onto the foil.
7) Bake at 250°F for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, until crunchy.
This popcorn is perfect for a movie night or for a party. Be sure to have someone to share it with or you WILL eat the whole batch yourself, it is just that delicious!